A Labrador gun
Entrance to the PF Cell

Part of a display once in the Casemates.

What’s Left of the Battery Today?

PF Cell near the Battery
A PF Cell for the Fort


View Larger Map
Google Street View of the Casemates

Labrador today
All that’s left of the Gun Emplacements.

The Oil storeThe Power Room
ABOVE LEFT: The Oil Store. Supports for the oil tank are in the centre.
ABOVE RIGHT: The exterior wall of the Power Room.

The Power RoomThe entrance to the Magazine
ABOVE LEFT: An Audio Visual set-up in the Power Room. Concrete beds for the generators are on the floor.
ABOVE RIGHT: The entrance to the passageway leading to the Magazine.

The entrance passageA store room in the Magazine
ABOVE LEFT: Inside the passageway.
ABOVE RIGHT:Simulated damage in a Magazine Store Room.

A Store RoomThe Shell Store
ABOVE LEFT:A Lantern Recess. Evidence of the spiking of the Magazine is visible.
ABOVE RIGHT: What was probably the Shell Store. A modern steel safety cage was erected to prevent collapse.

The Magazine was damaged beyond repair when demolition charges were set off on 13 February 1942. Much clearing up and safety wok was required before the Magazines were opened to the public in 2005. The Magazine is currently closed to the public.

Ammunition hatch at the hoistsAmmunition hoist

LEFT: An Ammunition Hatch at one of the Ammunition Hoists.

RIGHT: The No.2 Ammunition Hoist. Rubble still lies on the floor.

BELOW: Remains of the B.O.P. in the shrubbery.

Remains of the BOP

Labrador Battery